Hooligan
That's right ... I'm now officially a soccer hooligan. Just look at the picture below:
OK, so maybe hooligan is a little much. But dad had a special treat for me this morning with tickets to the Seattle Sounders FC game against Chicago. It's the first professional sports event dad has taken me too (see college football and minor-league hockey previously).
Dad's been debating for a while about what game to take me to. Considering he gets bored at Mariners games (and he likes baseball and is paid to be there) he thought I might really enjoy soccer, especially since I play it in the yard sometimes with dad.
I had some company... dad's friend Sean and his daughter, Sylvia came along with us.
We had really good seats and most importantly we were in the shade on a warm day. The game was really exciting but no one scored any goals. I have a really good goal celebration when I score goals at home. I was hoping to pick up some pointers on celebrating from the professionals but no one managed to find the back of the net.
Here's me and dad at the end of the game.
I had such a good time I was wiped out -- I took a 2 1/2 hour nap. It was only going to be a 30 minute rest in the car on the way home but when I walked in the stairs suddenly looked comfortable (don't worry, dad moved me to the couch after about 10 minutes).
Mom asked me tonight if seeing the soccer game made me want to play more. I said "yep." So dad, how long until we sign me up?
-- Logan








0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home