Thursday, July 05, 2012

Happy 4th of July - 2012

What a blast!

While Dad went off to work (skip it next year, please Dad?!), Mom, Sienna and I along with some of the preschool families joined in on our local Children's 4th of July Parade!  We got to walk, well, Mom walked, Sienna rode in a wagon and I rode a scooter, down the parade rout prior to the main parade.  


After the parade we took up on the curb of the street to watch the main parade.  It was alright, I guess.  I had more fun playing around and riding my scooter on the sidewalk.  Sienna seemed to enjoy it enough.


After getting home, we had popsicles and hung out in the back yard with our friends, Katie and Mikey for a while.  Soon after they left it was time to get ready for the big night!

We went over to our friends, Julie, Grant, Ethan and Tristan's house -- just like last year.  We had a yummy hot dog dinner, ice cream dessert and then started in on the fire works... saving the real light up ones for the dark.

Dad showed up in time to help blow the stuff up!

Are you fascinated by the above picture? So were we!!! 

Sparkler time!  This year Sienna staid away as the memory of burning her finger last year was too much for her.  So I did her sparklers for her... it was a tough job, but someone had to do it!

Sienna wouldn't join in the picture... but here are us crazy "older" kids that had a blast for the 4th!  The girls are Ethan and Tristan's neighbors.  The red head, Gabby, played on my indoor soccer team a few months back (and their dad was our coach).

It got a wee bit chilly at night... but Sienna and Mom bundled up in jackets and under a blanket.  I was fine in just my sweatshirt.  Wasn't as cold as last year, just more fun!

I hope you had a great 4th of July and as always... the Summer weather is finally going to arrive!

~ Logan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home