Tuesday, April 20, 2010

4 years old

Four years ago today I was born at 12:07 AM. My parents whispered "Happy Birthday" to me while I was sleeping during the night just after I officially turned four.

I woke up this morning with a smile on my face as I instantly knew I was the big 4.


After getting dressed, I followed the trail of cards and gifts leading me down to the dining table. I got to pick my breakfast and watch cartoons while eating it (I normally only get to watch cartoons during breakfast on weekends).



After breakfast, my dad took me to Jump Planet and then out for some hot cocoa. After lunch my mom and I went to preschool where I wore a cheetah mask and played with my friends.



As it was my special day, Teacher Dorothy helped me make my Birthday Banner. She traced the outline of my body (it tickled when she went under my armpits!) and asked all sorts of questions like my favorite food and toys.



I got to share my Birthday Banner during second circle time -- my dad and sister surprised me by showing up just in time to see my sharing. My mom took video but we are having problems with it loading on here.




After preschool, I played for a bit at home then loaded back up in the car to have dinner at Red Robin.



I wasn't the only one celebrating a birthday tonight at Red Robin. But like all the other birthday boys and girls, I got my sundae and was sung to by some of the staff and Red Robin himself (although we asked the waitress to tell Red to stay on the other side of the table from me... I didn't want him too close).



I had so much fun today that I even offered to pay the bill!



Since I didn't get to blow out any candles at Red Robin, my dad and I ran over to Fred Meyer and picked up cupcakes (OK, our real mission was to buy something Sienna needed, but while we were there we thought, why not?!). When we got home, my dad stuck 4 candles in my cupcake and my parents sang Happy Birthday. Then I decided I didn't want my cupcake (I just wanted to blow out the candles!).



As I told my parents, I had a really good day today. Having birthdays are so much fun. I feel special everyday but on birthdays, I feel just a bit more special.

Only a few more days to go for my birthday party with my friends -- I'm so excited!!

-- Logan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home