Friday, October 19, 2012

ZOO

What do you do on an October Thursday when you have no preschool and the weather looks to be okay?  You go to the zoo!

My friend, Mikey, and his mom were able to join us.  We had a lot of fun and saw a lot of the animals.  I even walked just about all of it.


I should mention, that I am the one that planted the idea of going to the zoo in my mom's head.  You see, the night before I told my mom as we were getting ready for bed that my favorite animal is an owl and that I wished I could go to the zoo to see an owl.  Wa La... I found out the next morning that we were going to go to the zoo!  So... we had to go see the owls.  I saw four owls at the zoo.

Another cool thing about our visit to the zoo was watching the bear (the other animal I told my mom that I really want to go see that day).  The bear just walked right into the water... I didn't even know that bears could swim, let alone that they even go into the water!  The bear got so close to Mikey and me that it was just the safety glass that was separating us and the bear!

We had lunch in the zoo.  Once we were done and Mom was still eating, Mikey and I planned out the rest of our zoo visit with our park map.   

How cute are we?

We went to the zoo store to look for an owl to go home with me.  I told my mom I wanted to find a pink or purple owl.  Before we went into the store, she told me that I would probably have to settle for a white, brown or gray owl.  NOPE.  I got myself a pink with purple flecks and sparkles on it's beak owl.  I'm a happy girl.

Thank for taking me to the zoo, Mom.  I can't wait to go back and see the owls again, soon.  Maybe we can bring Logan next time so he can see the giraffes.

~ Sienna 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home