Monday, August 13, 2007

What a weekend

Have you ever had one of those crazy weekends where you planned to be busy any way and then life throws in a loop just for the craziness of it? Well, I had one of those weekends.

My friend, Charlie, came over for the weekend with his parents, Matt and Jeannette. They got here just when I was getting out of my bath Thursday night. My parents let me stay up for a while so I could show Charlie where all the toys are in my playroom.

Friday morning I got a little sick right after breakfast, but my parents thought I must have gotten a Cheerio stuck or something (with my history of a close reflex, it wouldn't be a far off assumption). My mom and I took Charlie and his mom to the story time and met up with our dad's for lunch... I didn't eat much.

After our afternoon naps, Charlie and I went outside and played. At first we got pulled around in my wagon, but Charlie wasn't into it so much... turns out, he likes driving the car!

Our dad's helped us race each other... Charlie in the car and me in the wagon.

Charlie liked the car so much he didn't want to get out of it... I had to push him around.

That night Charlie, Andrew and I had fun showing off to all our dad's high school friends that came over for a BBQ. Since the night before I went to bed late and didn't sleep well through the night (I was too excited Charlie was over) that my mom got me to bed just before 8 pm.

About 30 minutes later, Matt told my mom he heard me crying so she picked me up to calm me down. I threw up all over her. I wouldn't go back to bed after all was cleaned up. My dad had to drive me around the block a few times to get me to crash. I finally did around mid-night.

About 6:30 Saturday morning I starting crying. My mom took me to bed with her and I sipped on and off from my sippy of water. About 7:30 I threw all of it up in my parents bed. I went back to sleep.

My mom got me up about 11:15 realizing I had not had a diaper change in 12 hours. It was dry. She tried to get me to drink juice, I wouldn't but I would drink water. I threw that up. My mom called the pediatricians office. They were very concerned that it was over 12 hours from when I had a wet diaper. My mom was told to take me to the ER.

At the ER triage station they weighed me and then had my mom hold me while a rectal temp was taken. My temp was normal but I peed all over my mom. My mom had never been so relieved for me to, um, relieve myself.

The hospital staff gave her paper clothes and I was given anti-nausea medication that let me keep down the pedialyte I was give by a syringe. I was starting to feel much better... luckily no IV but they were glad I was brought in. I was able to go home about 3 hours later.


I threw up about 2:30 that next morning but felt pretty good later when I got up later. My parents took me to see my Great Great Uncle from Florida who is in town for only the week. I threw up after dinner (I ate food my tummy wasn't quite ready for) but felt much better. I slept really well that night.

Got to hang out with my Great Great Uncle Dick again today while my parents were doing what ever it is they do. I'm tired and still don't feel well but I think I'm on the mend.

What a weekend.

-- Logan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home