911
I've been meaning to update my blog all weekend, but just haven't been feeling up to it until today.
Let me give you a rundown of my weekend:
On Saturday, July 7th, my friend, Carson, came over to spend the day and evening with me while his mom went to the Kenny Chesney concert.
We had a good time until I started not to feel too good at dinner. My Grandma Kathy came over to play with Carson and me since my dad was out of town for the weekend... my mom thought an extra hand would be helpful... she didn't know it would be needed. Grandma noticed when she put me in the highchair that I felt really worm... thinking I had a low grade fever. I was given some Tylenol.
After our early dinner, Carson and I played... well he played and I moped around. I took my t-shirt off to help cool down a bit but that didn't really help. Grandma let me lay on her as I complained how I wasn't feeling all that great. Carson was also starting to wonder about me.This is where the pictures of the evening stopped.
Around 7 pm my mom decided it was a good idea to get me a cool bath so we went up stairs. I started to cry and my mom held me. I vomited all over her. Sorry mom.
Grandma and Carson came up to help... Carson hung out in my crib while Grandma cleaned me up and mom hopped in the shower (she was that covered).
After my bath, my mom took my temperature: 102.2 at 7:20 pm. I was given another dose of Tylenol.
I soon went to bed... then Carson went to bed... then Grandma went home.
At about 10:30 pm my mom noticed I was making a weird noise. She came in to check on me and I was groaning with every breath. She picked me up and held me trying to calm me and noticed I was burning up. She took my temperature: 104.8 at 10:45 pm. She took off my t-shirt and stuck cold wet washcloths behind my neck on on my head.
She called the nurse line and she told her to call my pediatrician.
She called the pediatrician and talked to the on-call doctor and she listened to me breathing over the phone. She told my mom to call 911 -- she was concerned about my labored breathing with that high of a temp.
My mom called 911. Then called my Grandma. Then called the neighbor across the street. Then called my dad. Lou ran across the street and agreed he could stay in the house with Carson if the medics decided to take me to the hospital. And that is what happened.
By the time the medics got here my breathing became more normal but I was totally out of it and my temp was still almost 105. My mom and I got in the ambulance and were taken to the ER. She noticed I was getting a rash on my cheeks, chest, tummy and back.
My Grandma met us at the ER and my dad worried and worried waiting for update phone calls from my mom.
The doctor was really worried about me... was thinking I could be septic but was wanting to see if the high dose of Tylenol and IBU would bring down my fever and I would perk up. Luckily that is what happened.
They did do a chest x-ray, checked my ears and my throat and all came back clear. (Guess 7-7-7 is lucky)
After a few hours I started to feel better and even smiled at the doctor -- he was happy to see that. My Grandma and mom took me home with a pit stop to pick up my medication. I was in bed by 3:30 AM.
The rest of the weekend I spent being forced to take fluids and medicine. Overall I felt pretty good, just tired and I did get a stomach ache... but as long as I got my Tylenol ever 4 hours... my fever stayed below 100. If it went beyond 4 hours, it crept up.
I saw my doctor yesterday and she agreed with the ER doc that it is probably a virus that will take a few days to get over. No more tests at this time.
Last night after going to bed I was really thirsty and woke up a few times needing some water to drink. At 3 am my mom woke me up to take my temp and give me some Tylenol... my temp was 96.2 and I went back to bed.
When I got up this morning my mom took my temp: 98.2 -- she put the Tylenol away.
I am feeling much better but plan to spend the day inside (as it is supposed to get in the mid-90s today) drinking water and getting some more sleep.
I don't like being sick.
-- Logan
P.S. I was just about to go take a nap when my mom took my temp: 100.0 - I was given Tylenol. Guess I'm not quite over this bug yet.
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)



2 Comments:
It was good to see all of you yesterday. We hope you feel better Logan...let us know if there is anything you need us to do.
Wow, that's so scary! Glad to hear Logan's ok and everything's getting back to normal.
Post a Comment
<< Home