Xmas/ New Years
I hope everyone had a great Christmas and New Years Celebration. My last few weeks have been rather busy... I thought the best way to fill you in on my happenings is through pictures (and my comments). Enjoy.
On Christmas Eve... my Mom and I went to an ultra sound for the baby (some genetic testing... everything looks good). Dad couldn't make it -- he was in an airplane. Later that night, Mom, Dad and I celebrated our Xmas together. I got some really great gifts -- books, cars, a book on Cars, Thomas the Train stuff, Handy Manny tools, and other fun stuff.

Dad suggested I leave a note for Santa... I'm glad I did because he wrote back saying what a good boy I've been all year!

On Christmas morning I woke up to find my stocking under the tree with gifts from Santa. I must have been a good boy because he gave me exactly what I wanted -- Terence the Tractor from Thomas and Friends. (Terence came in a box with a DVD... see him at the top of the package just under my thumb) I also got mini cars from Cars that you can see in the picture just under my stocking.

I should probably update you here on all the snow. After my last update it continued to snow and snow. Luckily my Dad made it home on time from San Diego on Christmas Eve! My Grandma and Granddad got so much snow they were stuck in their house (for about 14 days). My Dad grew up in snowy winters so he decided to brave it and drive to their house for Christmas. We were the only ones in the family who did. The snow was so deep at their house the car got stuck driving into the driveway. The car door (of our Xterra) scraped the top of the snow when you opened it. My mom said it took her back to her snow-camping days as a kid... when they drove to the mountains to find this much snow... not have it in your own yard.
My Grandparents were taking care of two horses for a neighbor. I wanted to go see them so my Dad took me over in the tabbogan. We had a lot of fun getting stuck in the deep snow.
My Grandparents were taking care of two horses for a neighbor. I wanted to go see them so my Dad took me over in the tabbogan. We had a lot of fun getting stuck in the deep snow.

Grandma, Granddad, G.G., Mom, Dad and I tried to make the best of things. It was weird for all of us not to have the rest of the family together on Christmas. We opened gifts amongst each other.

The next day, my Grandma Carolyn made it over to our house to exchange gifts. Check out my big gift:

On December 27th my Dad got up early and few to Boise. Later that evening, my Mom and I got on an airplane and flew to meet up with my Dad. We got to visit with our family there... Sheldy, Ted and Wyatt (we went to Mexico with them) and Rowdy and Shelby. They had snow... but by the time we left on New Years Eve, a lot of it had melted (just like at home).

Dad and I even got matching t-shirts. My Mom says we are going to wear them when we go to California in a few weeks. (We also got hats to match!)
On December 27th my Dad got up early and few to Boise. Later that evening, my Mom and I got on an airplane and flew to meet up with my Dad. We got to visit with our family there... Sheldy, Ted and Wyatt (we went to Mexico with them) and Rowdy and Shelby. They had snow... but by the time we left on New Years Eve, a lot of it had melted (just like at home).

We stayed in a hotel where I slept on a pull-out couch. This is the first trip I have gone on since moving out of the crib. My Mom kept saying I looked like such a big boy sleeping in such a big bed.

Unfortunately, my Mom was sick on this trip. She started to feel like she was coming down with something Christmas Eve and by the time we got to Boise, she was deep into a really bad cold. So, we didn't get to do as much as we hoped... but we still tried to make the best of things. I even got to try two new things:
Ice skating. I made it around about half the rink when I told my Dad I was done. But hey, I tried it!
Ice skating. I made it around about half the rink when I told my Dad I was done. But hey, I tried it!

While Dad was covering the football bowl game (the reason why we were in Boise) my Mom took me to the movie theater and I got to watch my first movie on the big screen. We saw The Tail of Despereaux. It wasn't as good as we had hoped, but it sure was fun watching a movie like that!

We got home from Boise New Years Eve in time for dinner... I was so tired I decided not to stay up for the New Year countdown.
New Years morning we made our way to my Grandparents again this time just about the entire family was there! We were able to celebrate our Christmas and have a yummy dinner together.
New Years morning we made our way to my Grandparents again this time just about the entire family was there! We were able to celebrate our Christmas and have a yummy dinner together.

I got to open more gifts and got more toys, clothes and all the stuff a two-year-old needs and wants.

Then Nick and I got, well, bored of the gift opening so we decided to have some fun with the gift wrapping! Can you see us?
Starting next week, life gets back to normal (as long as it doesn't dump snow again, that is)... Preschool starts on Tuesday (YIPEE!) and we start focusing our our next trip -- California here we come (and Mexico, too!).
-- Logan










0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home