Keep climbing daddy
So Dad came up with this crazy idea today -- let's go climb a mountain.
OK, so it wasn't quite climbing a mountain. Actually, according to the elevation charts, we only climbed about a 1,000 feet.
But making the trek up the Wallace Falls trail was a lot of fun for dad and I, especially since I really only had to ride along.
It was a pretty steep climb, so I just hung out in a our cool REI backpack. Well, I was sort of forced just to hang out at the start since I had fallen asleep in the car.
But a short time into our hike I woke up. I just looked around at all the trees and rocks, and tried to find where the river was. I could hear the water rushing but I couldn't see it.
That is, until we reach the viewpoint of the waterfalls. Then I could SEE and hear the river.
On the way back down the trail, I finally got tired of being stuck in my pack. So I asked dad if I could hop out and walk for a little while. Dad's back and legs were very happy that I decided to walk more than a mile, almost all the way back to the trailhead.
It was a really fun day. Dad says we're going to go back and hike that trail again, but this time mom is coming too. Dad needs someone to share the load.
-- Logan








1 Comments:
Awesome trail! I've been on it a few times, and took Mike on it last year.
Post a Comment
<< Home