3-Day Weekend
I really like 3-day weekends, because sometimes that means dad gets 3 days off of work to spend time with me.
Dad had Saturday, Sunday and Monday off this weekend, so we were really busy, and we accomplished some more "firsts."
On Saturday, dad and I drove up to Snoqualmie Pass and went tubing. Dad told me maybe next year we'll go to the other part of the mountain and try snowboarding, but for now, it's simply sliding down the mountain in a giant tube.
The run down the hill lasted all of about 20 to 25 seconds, but it sure was fun. I liked going that fast, although the cold air hitting me in the face took some getting used to.
Here's a video. Dad apologizes for the bad camera work.
Sunday was another first -- my first hockey game.
Dad previously took me to a football game, but this was my first indoor sporting event. It was fun seeing the guys from Everett and Kamloops skate so fast on the ice. It gave me a new appreciation of how good I did the first time I tried ice skating.
My favorite part of the game were the zamboni's that cleaned the ice in between the periods. I didn't get a picture of either of the two zamboni's, but they was neat. Instead, here's a picture of me and dad.
We lasted two of the three periods before I got restless and wanted to go home. For the record, Everett led 4-2 when we left, but they ended up losing 5-4 in a shootout.
There weren't any "firsts" on Monday, but my buddy Carson did come over to play. The weather was so nice that we got to play outside for a while in the afternoon (while dad was out golfing!)
And no, that's not a gang sign Carson is flashing there.
It was a fun weekend, but mom and dad keep saying I need to get my rest ... we leave for a big trip on Friday.
-- Logan







0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home