Busy July
It can't be August already, can it?! Oh yeah... Happy Birthday, Dad! :)
So we've been busy, busy kids. Let's see... we had a stretch of really nice and toasty weather so we spent some time in the yard enjoying our water activities. We even had some friends over a few times to splash around with us.
My buddy, Carson and I got the old fire truck tent thing out. My mom managed to snap a picture similar to the one she took when I was two. For fun, I included the picture from 2008 below.
The other week, as we were getting ready to head down to Portland to visit with cousin Eric, Michele and Kellen, Sienna took her first steps! Dad and I were there as we watched her take two steps towards mom before giving up and crawling. Then we both got stuck in a car for the drive down and shopping.
We had a great time visiting our cousins. They have a great house they just moved into and plenty of toys for Sienna (and me) to play with. I even opened up their brand new UNO and SKIP-BO card games.
We were only able to stay one night -- Sienna and I shared the extra bedroom that had a really cool small door into the attic! Before we took off for home again, we went to a park with a water splash area. Sienna and Kellen sure had fun playing with the water. I mostly stuck to the regular play structures.
We stuck around through dinner and a bath and then loaded up for the drive home. Before we left, Sienna and Kellen took a moment to plan out how they were going to get our parents together again! It's so top secret, they wouldn't even tell me!
After our Portland trip we kept busy with mostly park dates and trying to catch up on things at home. Here are some random pictures of me and Sienna over the last few weeks.
Today our Daddy (or DaDa) turned 32. He had to work today... don't feel too sorry for him, he was covering the US Senior Golf Open at Sahalee. When he got home he had to go on a treasure hunt for his gift from us. Mom and I baked him a cake and I helped blow out the 27 candles (that was all we had). Sienna gave him a gift, too. She is officially walking!! Before today, she would maybe take a step or two on her own, if even that. But today... she practiced all afternoon just to surprise dad when he got home.
Whew! It was a busy month. August is planned with lots of birthday parties, park dates and a stay and Grandma and Granddad's.
-- Logan
-- Logan




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home