Monday, October 25, 2010

A "Normal" Logan

I think I have my Logan back!

After his surgery, I stayed with Grandma and Granddad for several days. When I got home, Logan seemed to do a lot of cartoon watching. He did every once and awhile find some energy to play. Mom also got him off the couch when we helped her clean/organize the art room. Okay... we drew on the walls while mom worked (guess we gave her more work, hu?!).




I was okay with the cartoon watching... it gave me more time to play with my toys (and Logan's) without having to "share" them with my big brother. But the thing that I just didn't get was why he was getting to eat dessert anytime of the day!

Here we are at breakfast... what am I having? Banana, cheese puffs and oatmeal. And Logan?...



...an ice cream push-up! What is up with that? I say NO FAIR!!!



But this weekend I saw him starting to become more like my Logan. He took his first steps outside our house Saturday for his buddy, Carson's birthday party at Chuck E Cheese. Although he couldn't eat the pizza he had a great time ridding the rides and playing the games.





I even took to skee-ball (well, the ball rolled a few inches up the ramp anyway). My favorite thing was watching the tickets come out and playing with the coins.




Today was a big turning point in Logan's recovery. I overheard mom telling dad that he only got one dose of medicine today and that was because he was dropped off at preschool and she didn't want a chance of pain for him. Not only did he have a great day at preschool, he had chicken nuggets for dinner! Now that's the Logan I know!!!

And just because this is my blog post and it really was all about Logan... I'm tossing in two cute pictures of me!




Check back soon as you will get to see our Halloween costumes!!

-- Sienna

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home