Xmas 2010
We survived Christmas 2010. Here is a quick rundown with some pictures:
I should probably start with the beginning of Christmas week. Monday we were home having a pajama day and enjoying some cartoons. Tuesday some of Sienna's preschool friends came over for a playdate. Wednesday I spent the day at my friend, Tyler's place. Thursday (the Eve of Christmas Eve) my friend, Tyler, came over to my house for the day. Friday (Christmas Eve) mom, Sienna and I spent the day over at my grandparent's house -- along with G.G., Aunt Kris, Aunt Kim, Ashley and Nick. I got to open two of my gifts, but the day was really about my cousins and Aunt Kim having a mini Christmas with our family.
Then we came home. Dad was home from work so we brought out the Christmas gifts!
Sienna and I were so happy to be able to open our gifts. I got just about everything I wanted (including stuff I didn't even know I wanted until I opened it!).
Then it was off to bed. It really didn't take too long for either one of us to fall asleep. We had to make sure Santa stopped here... so we had to go to sleep.
We all got up about 7:30 and headed downstairs in our pajamas. SANTA WAS HERE!!! He wrote a note on our note: "Dear Logan and Sienna, Thanks for the milk and cookies. Keep being good kids. ~ Santa" He sure is a messy guy leaving crumbs on the table.
We all got up about 7:30 and headed downstairs in our pajamas. SANTA WAS HERE!!! He wrote a note on our note: "Dear Logan and Sienna, Thanks for the milk and cookies. Keep being good kids. ~ Santa" He sure is a messy guy leaving crumbs on the table.
Then we got to dive into our stockings! Do you see that?! I got a Geotrax Ramone from Cars. Sienna and I got a trampoline. We got a bunch of stuff... it was awesome!
Okay, Okay... I admit it. I was a bit worried if I was on Santa's good or bad list. But now I know that Ashley is on his bad list!
There were two gifts that Sienna got from our parents on Christmas morning that they weren't ready to give her the day before. So after stockings, Sienna got her new kitchen. We've already cooked up a hamburger and stirred up some soup!
Then I got to go find a gift that Grandma Carolyn had shipped directly to our house. Little did I know a gift (actually several gifts) had been sitting there in the open in the garage and I never noticed. Anyway... we got a really big teeter toter. Once this thing is set up in the backyard the preschool is going to want to have outdoor play at our house. Check out the product video.
We had gotten up early enough that we had time to play with our new gifts for a bit before having to get ready for Christmas at Grandma & Granddad's.
Here is Sienna ready to go... in her Santa pants! She thought the Santa hat would be a good touch.
Sienna got one more gift from our parents when we got in the car. He car seat was turned around! Do you like her rain boots? She just got them from Aunt Kim for Xmas and demanded that she wear them.
After a yummy breakfasty-lunch, Sienna got to open all her gifts so she could get down for a nap. She loves her new baby! I've been having fun babysitting the new baby.
After Sienna took her nap, the rest of us got to open and my parents forgot they had a camera so there aren't any more pictures. However, do know I got some great new toys, clothes and books. We got so much stuff, Grandma Carolyn swung by our house on the way home to empty her car of our gifts!
The next day was busy shrinking the pile of gifts. I have realized how many toys I have now and have agreed that I should give some of my old toys and books away for other children to play. We did it! We sorted through all the gifts and although they are not all put away... they are close! My mom wants to get a new toy storage system and once we have that we will be able to go through more toys and decide to keep or donate.
Sienna had fun showing the baby around the house. I had a hard time tearing myself away from all the new toys to go to bed that night.
The next day was busy shrinking the pile of gifts. I have realized how many toys I have now and have agreed that I should give some of my old toys and books away for other children to play. We did it! We sorted through all the gifts and although they are not all put away... they are close! My mom wants to get a new toy storage system and once we have that we will be able to go through more toys and decide to keep or donate.
Sienna had fun showing the baby around the house. I had a hard time tearing myself away from all the new toys to go to bed that night.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home