Annual Trek to SoCal - 2011
Every year my family attempts (and I have to say attempts because one year we couldn't go thanks to me getting Hands Foot Mouth Disease a few years back) an annual trip down to Southern California to visit with our extended family and attend cousin Jodi and Dave's Super Bowl Party.
This year we made it!
Before we left, Sienna discovered the fun I learned about when I was her age... FEET at the table. Not a thrill of mom and dad's... but they let her get away with it.
So on Wednesday, February 2nd after I went to preschool, we got to the airport with enough time to spare for Sienna and I to play in the kid zone. This was Sienna's first time getting to run around instead of just watching me play.
Being that Sienna is still under 2 and dad is cheep (love ya dad, but you know it's true!) she did not have her own set on the airplane. So she went where ever she could trapped in our 3-seat row... that included hanging out on the floor stepping on mom and dad's toes!
I spent my time going down to CA watching movies on the DVD player. On the way back home I worked on my activity books.
We got to the hotel around 10PM and Sienna was supper excited. She helped mom make my bed on the pullout couch while I helped dad bring up our luggage.
The next day was the day we were all looking forward to... especially mom. DISNEYLAND. Mom was so excited that she even managed to figure out a way to get past the ropes holding the crowd back on Main Street until it was officially 10AM. We got all the way into the park and I rode my first ride before the rope came down! Way to go, Mom!!!
Here are a few of our pictures from the Happiest Place on Earth:
Here are a few of our pictures from the Happiest Place on Earth:
Did you notice some other people in the pictures with us? Aunt Louise, cousin Jodi and her kids, Mady and Carson joined us in Disneyland for the whole day. It was fun getting to play in this super fun park with my cousins all day.
I should mention that I rode Space Mountain, the Matterhorn, and the Haunted Mansion for the first time this year. I of course went on Big Thunder Mountain again (went last year)... but Splash Mountain (actually all of Critter Country) was closed.
The next day we went to Downtown Disney for some shopping and lunch. The main item we were after were my Mickey guys. Have you seen them? They are called Vinylmation and they are just so neat. You don't know what character you are getting, just what series, and then you swap if you get a duplicate. I have several of these guys now and will make a post all about just them soon.
Here I am jamming out at the House of Blues in Downtown Disney.
I should mention that I rode Space Mountain, the Matterhorn, and the Haunted Mansion for the first time this year. I of course went on Big Thunder Mountain again (went last year)... but Splash Mountain (actually all of Critter Country) was closed.
The next day we went to Downtown Disney for some shopping and lunch. The main item we were after were my Mickey guys. Have you seen them? They are called Vinylmation and they are just so neat. You don't know what character you are getting, just what series, and then you swap if you get a duplicate. I have several of these guys now and will make a post all about just them soon.
Here I am jamming out at the House of Blues in Downtown Disney.
That evening we visited with the family and stayed the rest of our nights at Aunt Louise and Uncle Lee's home. Thanks for letting us stay there... even if Uncle Lee tortured me! :)
The next day we played more with my cousins then went swimming at the local YMCA. It was a beautiful day yet no one else was in their outdoor pool. We all swam around until Sienna was done. I stayed in with dad and basically got a one-on-one swim lesson from him.
That evening we drove into San Diego to meet up with my dad's friend, C and his girlfriend, Ashley. Don't we look like a happy family?!
The next day we played more with my cousins then went swimming at the local YMCA. It was a beautiful day yet no one else was in their outdoor pool. We all swam around until Sienna was done. I stayed in with dad and basically got a one-on-one swim lesson from him.
That evening we drove into San Diego to meet up with my dad's friend, C and his girlfriend, Ashley. Don't we look like a happy family?!
Then it was Sunday. Not just any Sunday... SUPER BOWL SUNDAY
Here are Sienna and Carson playing with the beads. Only one of a few ways you could show your pride and excitement for the big game.
They got a jumpy jump and I was in it just about every time anyone looked for me. I think I am still recovering from all my jumps.
Here is another way we were showing our excitement for the day. Tattoos! I got one on each cheek and arms. If you look close, you can make out Sienna's tattoo on her arm.
It is tradition to buy squares for the game. They ended up having two boards this year and mom won the top and Sienna won the bottom at the end of the 1st Quarter... yielding $100 :)
The next morning we packed up, said our good-byes and drove to the airport. It was hard on all of us to leave the sunshine behind and come back to gray skies and rain.
Unpacking and laundry was next do to. Even Sienna jumped in to help out.
Unpacking and laundry was next do to. Even Sienna jumped in to help out.
Now we are back into the swing of things getting back into our routines and looking forward to our next big trip.
Oh... to see more pictures from our trip click here.
-- Logan



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home